Writer/Research Analyst: UK £40,000 – £60,000
My client is an independent online Market Research provider. They are looking for an analyst to cover the UK digital economy, with a focus on mobile advertising, marketing and commerce. This is a challenging role that requires a facility with numbers as well as the ability to write clearly and engagingly about them.
The key responsibility of the analyst is to write reports. Reports are long-form (roughly 5,000 words), data-driven narratives that help our clients navigate the challenges of marketing and selling in a digital world. The analyst is responsible for identifying trends and important topics relevant to digital media and marketing in the UK and writing approximately eight reports per year on these topics.
In addition to writing reports, the analyst writes weekly newsletter articles, and may be asked to present work in webinars or live settings.
Finally, the analyst works closely with the Research team and the Forecasting team (in the US) as well as the UK sales and marketing team to support business development efforts.
This is a UK-focused role, located in our London office but with flexibility on some home working.
Task-based responsibilities include:
· Writing about digital marketing, media and commerce
· Contributing to the development of statistical models
· Conducting interviews with industry executives for use in various own content
· Staying on top of trends
· Developing topics for future reports
· Contributing newsletter articles
· Presenting findings and reports in webinars and at industry events
Desired Skills & Experience
· Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree is a plus
· A minimum of 5 years of experience as a writer, analyst or researcher in the fields of travel, digital commerce or digital marketing (a combination would be highly attractive)
· Exceptional analytical skills and strong quantitative research background
· Ability to write clearly and concisely about business trends
· Ability to formulate and communicate your ideas using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and blogging platforms
· Ability to work independently on projects that can take anywhere from 1 day to 6 weeks