Public Relations Director UK. £50,000 – £78,000 depending on experience -FILLED
Based in: London
My client provides a unique online information service to the world’s leading companies, agencies and brands covering digital marketing, media and commerce, offering insights essential to navigating the changing, competitive and complex digital environment. Based in the US and with a global footprint they have recently increased headcount and business levels in the UK and are now looking for a Public Relations Director to help take the UK brand to a new level.
This role reports directly to the VP Communications based in New York.
The Public Relations Director will build the the company brand in the United Kingdom and dramatically raise awareness among media, agency and brand marketing executives. The company’s growth and sales in the region depend on maximizing exposure for its coverage and market position. The person selected will build a public relations program from the ground-up that will drive frequent media placements, high-level engagement with executives and media at speaking events and conferences, and increase online engagement.
Key Performance Objectives:
1. Build and lead a program to drive awareness through conferences, media placements and regular citations in publications such as the FT, BBC, Economist, Marketing, Guardian, and Times within twelve months.
2. Transform the ongoing output of UK reports and forecasts into a steady stream of newsworthy press releases, bulletins and presentations within 60-90 days. This requires a strong working relationship with our analysts, researchers, editors, senior executives and forecasting team. In addition to leading PR reports and coverage specific to the UK, the person selected will also refocus US and global coverage to maximize news value in the region.
3. Identify key UK reporters and develop an initial and long-term outreach strategy within 45 days. The person selected will build stellar relationships through excellent and immediate responsiveness, strong knowledge of the company’s coverage, proactive outreach based on the UK news cycle, and by providing straightforward, jargon-free press releases to targeted beat reporters. This requires developing a targeted mailing list for a variety of UK journalists covering multiple beats and topics.
4. Pitch and land two to three marquee slots for company spokespeople at major industry conferences within twelve months. The person will identify key events that can drive exposure and win business, and lead proactive outreach to event programmers with clear, compelling presentation ideas developed with in-house editorial staff and spokespeople.
5. Develop a monthly bylined-submission relationship with a top UK trade publication within six months. This requires crafting and pitching compelling columns that highlight and reinforce our market position. The person selected will work closely with editorial teams and executive spokespeople to develop newsworthy approaches.
6. Develop a plan to integrate our UK PR efforts into broader public relations, social media marketing, marketing communications, digital marketing and sales efforts within 45 days. This includes creating a promotional calendar, coordinating launch dates, and reporting results on a frequent basis to multiple teams and managers in the organization.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a high performing PR professional to build a PR strategy in the UK from scratch, but with the benefit of being able to leverage the company’s excellent reputation among its existing clients in the UK and its already strong PR profile in the US.
This is a fast paced, growing business and you will be working with a very high calibre team.
You will be ready to work in a fast paced environment, be entrepreneurial and be able to demonstrate a high level of knowledge about the latest developments and trends in Digital Marketing. Candidates from a broad range of PR backgrounds will be considered for this role provided they fit the these criteria and can demonstrate their ability to hit the Performance Objectives above..
B2B experience is also a distinct advantage.