MOBILE STRATEGIC PLANNER
MOBILE STRATEGIC PLANNER
Salary to £53,000
to Director of Strategy
MAIN OBJECTIVE OF THE JOB
To provide best-in-class mobile strategic thinking and expertise across several key accounts and to generate new revenue streams for the agency
This innovative and highly creative full-service mobile agency is part of a leading Media and Creative Agency Network. This enables a relatively small agency of 25 people to provide large corporate resource, benefits and infrastructure for its clients and staff.
The agency is a busy but fun environment full of bright and hard-working people. They deliver work for the some of the most exciting brands in the world.
The agency puts strategy and planning at the heart of its operations. This role sits within the strategy and planning team, a critical function in the acquisition and development of client accounts
They are committed to creating unparalleled strategic mobile solutions that deliver incremental, measurable business results for its wide range of blue chip clients
They are passionate about hiring the best talent to drive winning results for their clients
As Strategic Planner you will be responsible for bringing fresh thinking, insight and creativity to client accounts and to the Agency as a whole.
Summary of Role;
- Assist Director of Strategy in identifying and developing the agency’s capabilities and needs across all mobile technologies
- Operate part-time within the group’s Media Agency defining strategy and identifying opportunities for their clients which are then to be developed by my client’s team
- Get closer to client digital business in order to broaden the agency remit on their account. Forge strong working relationships with senior clients in order to provide more upstream digital strategic thinking and expertise on their business
- Identify potential new revenue opportunities across our existing client base
- Work closely with Account Directors across the breadth of their activities to increase profitability from existing and new clients.
- Contribute to new business efforts and ensure that client-led strategic thinking is fully integrated throughout
- Help to keep the agency ahead of the curve in terms of mobile understanding, new trends and technology and demonstrate their relevance to our clients’ business
- Offer thought leadership both within the agency and externally (Industry trade and events) on both mobile technology and futures, but more importantly, in how consumers use them, and their practical application
- Provide ongoing support to client planning teams and help them develop truly integrated strategies and great digital ideas, which can then be sold into the client.
- Assist in the build of mobile training programmes for clients to accelerate their understanding of this fast paced marketplace
- Contribute heavily to the group’s digital learning and mobile knowledge bank
90% of time will be spent working on client briefs, either compiling or assisting with new business responses and pitches, or developing new ideas for existing clients
10% of time will be focused on developing re-usable training, technology or thought leadership pieces, including the group mobile knowledge bank
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Superb written work and Powerpoint compilation
- Encyclopaedic knowledge of every aspect of mobile technology and interactions
- Creative thinker – see issues from both business and consumer perspective
- Collaborative and entrepreneurial self-starter
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships
- Team player working with multiple levels of management and peers
- Ability to lead a meeting, and have opinions cheerfully accepted as well-founded and insightful
- Trend watching and future thinking – enthusiastic about blogging, discussion and outreach
Minimum 4 years experience in a mobile planning or account management role
Proven delivery of strategic digital thinking or in-depth planning/analysis
WHY WORK HERE?
- The agency works with some of the most famous brand names in the world.
- They have a dynamic and fun culture. There is a strong work-ethic reflecting the commitment to market-leading delivery for their clients, but this is balanced by an open and sociable environment.
- The agency positioning is as a strategy-led full-service mobile agency, which integrates technology-neutral solutions for our clients
- The parent Media Company spends more on training than any other agency in the UK
- They are dynamic in New Business and have aggressive growth projections for 2012