Head of Communications, Mobile Gaming, London – FILLED
This highly successful Mobile Gaming company has a vision – to banish boredom with simple, fun games on smartphones and tablets.
The Head of Communications is a new position reporting into the CEO. This is a strategic AND hands-on execution role influencing a highly motivated senior management team to implement the overall communications strategy. You will work closely with Corporate, B2B and B2C business heads to promote the company’s strengths and achievements through impactful media relations and enhance the company’s external reputation. The role demands a high level of leadership and interpersonal skills, considerable media and social media relations and corporate communications experience and organisational agility.
• Implement and lead the PR strategy and activities and be the voice of the brand.
• Manage relationships with media contacts and develop relevant activity and coverage.
• Manage PR agency relationships.
• Develop and execute the overall communications strategy across all channels.
• Ensure the company is represented at key trade conferences and awards.
• Own the social media strategy for trade engagement.
• Skills in communications ideally gained in a leading agency (specialising in corporate,
technical or financial communication) and/or in-house in a fast moving company
• Keen understanding of technology products and the ability to provide insight into how to generate media coverage in this field.
• Excellent media contact book.
• Strong track record of front line media relations experience.
• Expert knowledge of broadcast, print and online media, ideally within a pan-European
• Excellent communication (written and spoken), negotiation and presentational skills
• Strategic thinker with ability to move effortlessly between strategy, implementation and
• Ability to rapidly digest and distill complex issues and formulate strategy / responses.
• Confident, persuasive individual who is at ease with both senior management and
• Great team player with positive and enthusiastic approach.
• High-growth company experience an advantage.
• A love of all things mobile essential.
This is a chance to work with a great team within a highly successful company currently expanding in to Europe.