Why Hire a Career Coach? – 7 Good Reasons
- A coach can be a trusted confidant.You can tell your coach things you wouldn’t tell others. A a good coach is trained to listen effectively, to understand and be non-judgmental and to maintain absolute confidentiality
- A coach can help you see the things which are holding you back.Everyone, no matter how successful in their career or life, will from time to time have personal areas that are out of view or awareness until someone points them out. A coach is perfectly poised to perform this critical function and help you “shine a light” in to some areas which you are less likely to be able to do working alone.
- A coach can keep you accountable.Your coach can help you take on more responsibility by having you report on your accomplishments and initiatives. Accountability is a very big motivator for many of us and is often something which entrepreneurs, small business owners and freelancers find particularly valuable when they hire a coach to work with them.
- A coach can help you create your vision. Your coach can assist you in developing your plans for success based on your values, personal strengths, the reality of the challenges you face and by helping you build and maintain the positive mental attitude and self-confidence you need to succeed.
- A coach can help celebrate your successes and be a source of strength when you fail.Your coach can be a supportive, non-judgemental partner and help you to develop continuous learning from any situation.
- A coach can challenge and inspire you to make changes which are in keeping with your own personality, preferences and “comfort zone”. Remember even small, incremental changes lead to profound results when done consistently.
- A coach can help you achieve more and procrastinate less!